Aug. 23, 2019
The Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office is providing updates, as needed, related to construction in Dory Hill Road using Hyper-Reach, the emergency notification service for Gilpin County. To opt in and receive Dory Hill Road notifications from Gilpin County via text, please text DORY to 618-589-1337.
Crews will continue to work in the following areas this week:
- Mill Street, between State Highway 119 and Miners Mesa Road. Crews will continue restoring work areas including repaving the roadways and installing curb and gutter. Lanes will be reduced, but through traffic will continue, and sites will remain accessible.
Restoration of Black Hawk work areas will continue into September 2019.
Unincorporated Gilpin County
Crews will continue to work in the following areas this week:
- Dory Hill Road, Gilpin County Line heading north. During construction, road closures along Dory Hill Road in unincorporated Gilpin County will take place. Crews will work in Dory Hill Road through October 2019. Through traffic should use State Highways 119 and 46 to bypass the construction work area. We will make the construction work areas passable should emergency vehicles need to use Dory Hill Road. The contractor will coordinate directly with the Gilpin County Emergency Manager related to construction work areas and emergency access. When safe, we will allow emergency vehicles to pass through. Flaggers will be placed on both ends of this closure at all times. Construction activities for the week of Aug. 26, 2019, will include:
- The current road closure on Dory Hill Road starts approximately 3,500 feet north of the turn-off to Reservoir Road in Gilpin County and extends approximately 2,000 feet north on Dory Hill Road. Four resident driveways are located in this closed segment, and crews will work with those residents to allow access to their driveways throughout the closure. Crews will work within this area into September 2019.
- State Highway 119, from State Highway 46 heading north. Crews will work within this area through September 2019. Lanes will be reduced, but through traffic will continue, and sites will remain accessible. This week’s work will occur north from approximately 200 feet north of Claudius Road.
- State Highway 119, north and south of Jankowski Drive. Crews will work within this area through September 2019. Lanes will be reduced, but through traffic will continue, and sites will remain accessible. This week’s work will occur north toward Long Trail Road and south to approximately the Timberline Fire Station #5.
- State Highway 119, from South Beaver Creek Road heading south. Crews will work within this area through September 2019. Lanes will be reduced, but through traffic will continue, and sites will remain accessible. This week’s work will occur between Easy Street and Moondance Lane.
Prior to this project, CDOT applied chip seal to portions of State Highway 119. Following completion of construction, the crews will repair the chip seal in areas where construction has affected the existing chip seal in State Highway 119.
Southwest Boulder County
We will provide updates related to the schedule in this area as the project continues.
Additional Construction Details
During construction, you will see construction contractors in your area regularly. Prior to natural gas line work, you may also see contractors marking existing utilities and visually exposing them by potholing roadways to verify utility line locations. Traffic control signage will also be placed along roadways in advance of construction activities.
We will have traffic control set up during construction activities. Area commuters should expect delays when navigating around the construction work areas. For your safety and the safety of the crews, please follow all posted detour signs and directions from construction personnel.
During construction, we will update this page regularly. You can also call our hotline at 833-638-9614 or email us at info@XcelEnergyTungstentoBobtailGasPipeline.com.
Please note that construction schedules are subject to change.
Construction is underway.
The following activities are anticipated to occur before and during construction:
- Land surveying and installation of erosion control measures
- Identifying existing utilities by locating and then visually exposing them (potholing) along the project route
- Storing materials and equipment at project staging areas
- Installing the natural gas line using one of the following methods:
- Open trench with excavators
- Open trench with rock trenchers—using a trenching machine to create a trench through solid rock.
- Bore with horizontal directional drilling—using a bore machine to create an underground pathway that a pipe is pulled through
- Pipeline welding
- Backfilling trenches with soil/flowfill and repaving to match existing
- Implementing natural gas line safety testing measures
- Restoring sites to their preconstruction conditions, including revegetation, repaving and cleanup of former work areas
We will provide advance notification to landowners, businesses and residents near the project route prior to beginning construction.
We will take measures to reduce construction disruptions to area landowners, residents and stakeholders. Potential disruptions from construction may include:
- Partial or complete road closures
- Traffic delays
- Elevated levels of noise during construction and testing of the pipeline
- Vibration near construction sites
Once we have finished our construction, we will restore sites to their preconstruction states.
Throughout the construction process, our team will provide regular updates via email (Subscribe), on our hotline at 833-638-9614 and on this website.
If you experience any issues related to our construction, we want to hear from you. Please contact us directly at 833-638-9614 or via email at info@XcelEnergyTungstentoBobtailGasPipeline.com.
Please note that construction schedules are subject to change due to inclement weather or other factors.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that construction may cause, and we thank you for your patience during the construction process.